Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Trip To Ipoh


27/07/12 ~ 29/07/12


On the 27th July, all four of us Korean Interns decided to leave KL to explore the unknown land of Ipoh. It was a reasonably long holiday for us. (3 days including weekends) We left the office late Friday afternoon around 12 noon, had our lunch before departing from TTDI at 3pm to KL Sentral.

Our journey continued via KTM (Kereta-Api Tanah Melayu) to Ipoh. We met a friendly Indian couple on the train. We had a good, long chat with them. At first, I thought they were a Hindu couple but it turned out they were Christians. Hence, I am once again reminded that there is a huge diversity of people living in Malaysia which cannot be categorized into ethnic and religion.

After a three hour train ride, we arrived at the capital of Perak! (Ipoh). In my opinion, Ipoh is a very peaceful town. I was completely absorbed by the exotic atmosphere. At the station, we met Pong’s brother and her cute little niece who took us to see her, a patient in Ipoh Hospital. She looked very pale when we first met her.
 
We had a short chat with her about her condition and really hope that she will get better.
Pong’s brother then took us for dinner at the famous Chicken Noodle shop in Ipoh. To tell the truth Choi, my friend, couldn’t eat local food but there were some exceptions. This was one!! The Ipoh Chicken Noodle was delicious. This marks our first night in Ipoh.

 The Ipoh Chicken restaurant together

On the second day, I didn’t expect to see much in Ipoh. However, I was proven wrong once again. Since it is a day trip, can’t afford to go around by foot. Therefore, we rent Pong’s brother’s car to tour around Ipoh. We visited Kellie Castle, temples, huge limestone caves, many recreational parks.

Kellie Castle

Gunung Lang Recreational Park


D.R. Seenivasagam Park, formerly Coronation Park

At night, we went to Ipoh Stadium. There are a lot of street restaurants over there. We ordered fresh cool juice and fried rice.

I have never eaten this kind of the fried rice before. The taste was awesome. After we finished dinner, some of Pong’s brother’s friends joined us. We shared good time together. The last night in Ipoh was never forgotten to me.

Night Restaurant at the Ipoh Stadium

I am really satisfied with the Ipoh trip. Ipoh is different from other developed city. The natural environment has been perfectly preserved and Ipoh food tastes good. Not only is the price very low, but also really delicious. It’s been a happy experience to me.
I used to think that ‘Happy is associated with well-developed?’ I would like to answer ‘not necessary, I felt much happier the time stayed at Ipoh than KL which is a well-developed city. I think a peaceful mind is an essential condition for happiness.

I would like to thank eHomemakers and Pong’s family for give me this time. If you want to find to place go to, I would definitely recommend Ipoh!

What I ate:


The Fried Rice and Ipoh White Coffee






Blogged by Lisa Seungyeon Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment